Kern & Thompson offers excellent growth opportunities, a full benefits package, flexible work hours and friendly people. We would love to hear from you.
Audit Senior or Audit Manager
If you are looking for a stimulating and rewarding CPA career environment, we want to interview you! We are a downtown Portland CPA Firm seeking a CPA with 3-7 years of public accounting experience who is ambitious for a manager-to-partner opportunity. Our clients range from small, single-purpose entities to large consolidated enterprises with complex operations. Our clients are diverse, mostly Oregon grown, and many provide societal benefits to our communities. Candidates should possess proven interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, technical competency with current audit and accounting pronouncements, and team-player qualities. Familiarity with not-for-profit organizations and Single Audit experience is desirable but not required, and we will provide training. We offer an excellent opportunity for a self-starter with a reputable growing firm.
- Proficient in current accounting principles and auditing standards
- Become proficient with Firm’s practices, policies, and culture
- Assume responsibility for all segments of an audit under supervision
- Interact with clients and execute day-to-day activities of audit engagements
- Communicate audit matters and challenges to Managers and Partners
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Team player, positive attitude, client-service oriented, and high ethical standards.
- CPA with a minimum of three (3) years of public accounting or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to learn about non-profit organizations and Single Audits
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and supervise one or more staff.
- Skilled in identifying issues, researching options, and presenting solutions to Managers and Partners.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software; experience with PPC and Lacerte is a plus.
OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Our employees enjoy a positive upbeat atmosphere with an emphasis on work-life balance. We provide:
- Free parking!
- Competitive compensation
- Commissions on new clients
- Focused professional training
on-the joband through qualified CPE resources
- Paid professional memberships in the AICPA and OSCPA
- Paid sabbatical leave in addition to paid vacation leave
- Medical & disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) retirement
- Flexible work schedule benefits
Get in touch via contact form or email us directly. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
1800 S.W. First Avenue, Suite 410
Portland, OR 97201-5333
PARKING & TRANSIT
Our parking garage is located under our building on two floors (P1 and P2). These parking garages can be entered from S.W. First Avenue, between S.W. Market St. and S.W. Harrison St. (P2), on the west side of the building, or from S.W. Naito Parkway (P1), on the east side of the building.
© 2018 Kern & Thompson LLC, All Rights Reserved.
OUR CLIENTS, OUR PEOPLE, OUR FIRM. THAT’S OUR PASSION.